RIO VISTA, CA - An unlucky red-tailed hawk led to a substantial grass fire in Rio Vista around 11:36 a.m. on Sunday.
According to Chief Joe Rosewall of the Montezuma Fired District, the bird flew into the wire, was electrocuted and subsequently started the fire which burned between six and seven acres.
Firefighters arrived and were able to control the fire by approximately 12:46 p.m., Rosewall said.
No buildings were damaged and no injuries were reported to any humans, said Rosewall. The hawk was not so lucky.