RIO VISTA, CA - A family's home burned to the ground and their two dogs and two cats were killed in a candle-sparked fire Friday morning.
Asst. Chief Dan Schindler with Montezuma Fire Protection said firefighters received the first call at 7758 Hastings Island Road, nine miles north of Rio Vista, around 10:45 a.m. The single-wide mobile home was destroyed and a nearby structure was 75percent damaged.
Two grandparents and three grandchildren who lived in the mobile home were displaced. They were not injured. The Red Cross is assisting them.
Montezuma, Rio Vista, Dixon and River Delta firefighters fought the fire.